RPCVD has several potential advantages over current manufacturing techniques for LEDs, microLEDs and cascade LEDs to produce higher performing and lower cost devices.
RPCVD's unique tunnel junction capability offers laser diode manufacturers a number of performance and cost advantages over the industry incumbent (MOCVD) technology.
BluGlass's service arm, EpiBlu Pty Ltd offers highly specialised expitaxial and characterisation services at its state-of-the-art laboratory operated by experienced technical staff in Sydney, Australia.
INDEPENDENT EXPERT REPORT - ASSESSMENT OF BLUGLASS' RPCVD TECHNOLOGY
BluGlass is pleased to provide an independent expert review of the RPCVD Technology by technical consultant, Dr Dominique Morrison (BSc(Hons) MSc PhD).
The report provides a
- clear analysis of the benefits of BluGlass' key technologies/IP assets
- presents a benefit comparison of RPCVD, relative to the incumbent MOCVD technology (advantages and disadvantages) for each of the identified applications
- identifies potential barriers to commercialisation
- identifies key LED and Laser Diode players
- provides an assessment of the deliverability/manufacturability of the technology and summarises the current status
- identifies what is needed for effective deployment into the end markets
Dr Morrison specialises in the assessment of innovative and potentially disruptive technologies. As a contracted expert, Dr Morrison supports the evaluation of innovation actions for both the European Commission and the UK’s innovation agency (Innovate UK).
VIDEO - BLUGLASS UPDATE:
Managing Director, Giles Bourne sits down with Rachael Jones from Finance News Network to discuss the company's 1:1 non-renounceable rights issue, the need to fund its technology through to commercialisation, the independent expert analysis of its RPCVD technology and its response to COVID-19.
SPIE PHOTONICS WEST 2020
SAN FRANCISCO, USA
SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics Photonics West wrap-up:
Considerable interest from the industry in how we can deploy #RPCVD in the fabrication of tunnel junctions for #laserdiodes.
Our paper presented by Dr. Josh Brown on how hybrid growth (RPCVD and MOCVD) can enable novel LD structures and improve laser diode performance was also well-received. #tunneljunctions #laserdiodes #photonicswest #optics